Daily Departures

Departing daily from the ordinary objects of my thoughts.

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Five hundred and a conversation

The other day, I had this conversation with my good friend Anna:
Mark: Hey, Anna, have you been reading my blog?
Anna: Um, yeah... what is the URL again?
Mark: Are you serious? Ok fine, here it is: http://dailydepartures.blogspot.com.
.
.
.
Mark: Anna, you've not commented on my blog yet, what's with that?
Anna: You bloggers really have your whole self worth tied up with who reads and comments on your blogs don't you?
Mark: ...uhhhh... well, yes. So, are you going to comment?
Anna: Shameless you are.
Mark: I know; are you going to comment?
Anna: Ugh, fine.
Mark: Thanks, I feel better about myself now.
So, you see, bloggers love people visiting their blogs--I have now had 500 such visits. But what bloggers really love is when visitors leave comments. (This can be done by clicking 'comment' at the bottom of the post and then typing in a little note; sometimes about the post, or sometimes just to say hi.)

Don't worry, I'm not saying that you are obliged to comment or anything; just that, if you want to be a good person, this would be a good thing to do.

(If you didn't see the post directly below this one, scroll down and read it.)

5 Comments:

  • At 1/30/2006 10:45:00 AM, Blogger Rachel said…

    500 hits, hey? How many are you checking how many hits you've got? Anyways good job on this blog Mark, it's interesting reading.

     
  • At 1/30/2006 11:56:00 PM, Blogger Mark said…

    I have no idea now. When I started it, a whole bunch of them were from me, but if you click on the counter number and then click "by location" you can see where my hits have been coming from. I should also note that not all of the ones from Syracuse are me. There are some other people here who read my blog.

     
  • At 1/31/2006 05:27:00 PM, Blogger The Hippie Triathlete said…

    To fulfill your requests promptly: "Hi."

    (when you need a little blogger-lovin' sometimes you just gotta ask for it)

     
  • At 2/01/2006 06:44:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Would people dare not leave comments after a post like that?

    Of course, you say we're not obliged to... But I get the feeling that you's be "disappointed" in us if we didn't :P

     
  • At 2/02/2006 03:24:00 PM, Blogger the upper room said…

    Hey Mark,
    Your blog has brought me joy this day...the ringtone dancer is freakin hilarious...
    I felt an overwhelming sense of guilt (probably from the residual Pentecostal-holiness blood still coursing through my veins) when I read your plea for posted comments.
    So here it is...you are great...you are loved...and your blog is cool. (Now I will go and flog myself for not stumbling on this post earlier)
    Peace to you from a pastor at Soul...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home