Daily Departures

Departing daily from the ordinary objects of my thoughts.

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Gotta love the sarcasm...


This image is from one of my new favourite sites; namely, Daily Mumps. (There is also a link in the sidebar, now and forever. If you can't quite make out what the caption on the image above says, go and look at the original post.)

In the about section of the site the author--David Rees Thomas--says, of his site,
The Daily Mumps is not a real photo-blog. Think of it as a
kind of comic, with pictures of children instead of drawings.

Also, they're not real children, but tiny indigenous
laborers who pose in exchange for rice and strips of twine.

And we don't give them real rice and twine, either. Rycee-Twyne®
(a genuine Kraft imitation foodstuff) tastes almost as
good and has a kick-ass shelf life.
From this quote I hope that you all get an idea about the tone of the site. My best attempt at a description is: acerbic sarcasm--of a very playful type.

I highly recommend that you all check out the Daily Mumps Archive. Since the site is only a few months old, it only takes about 20-25 minutes to read through the entire site. Then, check back daily and see the ongoing drama unfold--OK, it's not really a drama, but I'm allowed some hyperbolic flare on my own site right?

If you don't feel like wading through the archives, then here are a few of my favourites:
It trampled our pringles
And he thinks we're buying him a gerbil
We thought of everything
He proved us wrong
And finally, Tough love

There are a whole bunch more that I could post, but I'll let you all sift through the archives for the rest of the gems.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home