Daily Departures

Departing daily from the ordinary objects of my thoughts.

Monday, March 06, 2006

Hurra Torpedo

Soooooo cooooool!

I really think that is all that can be said for Hurra Torpedo. The opening video produces quotes from the band like: "I've been dreaming about having a dream of going to America" and "I'm going to destroy things." And from various audience members like: "It was different, I've never seen anything like that before" (said by a Texan cowboy) and "It was disturbingly refreshing." If you are not convinced that the first sentence of this post is true, then let me say more.

This band is from Norway, they wear blue tracksuits, they sing old pop songs, and they play kitchen appliances. (And, boy do they know how to have fun in an appliances store: see this video.)

This website chronicles their first American tour--including all that entails. I highly recommend checking a video from their first gig, which turns out to be a kids birthday party.

If you watched those videos and are still not convinced that the first line of this post is true, then I can say no more; your coolness detection software is obviously infected with some kind of bug.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home