Daily Departures

Departing daily from the ordinary objects of my thoughts.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

I love coffee, I love style


One of my favourite indulgences is a strong cup of coffee--with just a smidge of cream to change the texture. Another favoured thing is style. I don't mean fashion I'm a big Apple fan. (It is not the main reason, but it certainly is a contributing factor.)

So, given these two things, it would seem to follow that I would love very well designed coffee makers that make strong coffee. It does. The coffee maker that was recently displayed on Moco Loco is just that.

The maker, called Moka is designed by Joey Roth and is one of a few other gorgeously designed appliances. For example, see the Tea pot 'Sorapot' below.

2 Comments:

  • At 2/18/2006 12:51:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Obviously the guy who made the tea pot knows nothing at all about tea. How are you supposed to get the tea leaves out when the tea has steeped to it's desired strength? People who buy that teapot are going to be drinking bitter tea because they are not removing the tea leaves. I don't think that this is going to encourage non tea drinkers to drink tea beacuse it is going to be terrible.
    I still can't figgure out how exactly the coffee pot works and where are you going to keep that in your kitchen? How does it wash? How do you know that it actually makes a good cup of coffee?

    I don't think that either of these products are very good but they are very gimicky.

    Sorry to rag on your post but hey someone had to :)

    Tammy

     
  • At 2/18/2006 01:17:00 PM, Blogger Mark said…

    The tea pot is a mock-up (that, I am quite sure of). I can, however think of many ways of removing the tea leaves. For example, there could be a large mesh filter near the spout which would stop the leaves. If the tea pot isn't very large, then you could either pour all the tea out when it is finished steeping or, you could place it in a thermos type container to keep it hot. Placing hot bevarages in a warm-keeping container is a good idea anyways.

    With respect to the Coffee Maker, it is a simple Moka coffee maker. These are not new and I am sure that you have seen, if not used, one of the more traditional styled ones (see here). The link on the original post under Moka gives you a run down on how it works.

    That make sense of my reasoning?

    Thanks for the comment

     

Post a Comment

<< Home