Daily Departures

Departing daily from the ordinary objects of my thoughts.

Monday, February 06, 2006

Art once more


On one of my favourite blogs--Art Moco--, there was recently a post about an artist named, James Casebere. What Casebere does is he makes scale architectural models, in very fine details and then he photographs them. There are a number of very interesting things that one can do with models that cannot be done with real buildings--or, at least, not done without significant cost. One common theme in Casebere's work is flooding. As you can see in the picture above and the one immediately below.


This next picture displays another blessing afforded to a photographer who takes pictures of models is that he can set up nearly perfect lighting conditions; as in the image below.


Lastly, I love the image below. It makes me imagine having a party in that room with all of my friends, the building being set on the top of the hill looking out, in all sides, over the Greek Isles, and maybe even having a great band jammin' on one side of the room. I'd like that.



I hope you enjoy these as much as I do. (Feel free to tell me whether you like them or not.)

[More photos available at Marc Selwyn Fine Art.]

3 Comments:

  • At 2/08/2006 02:30:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I like these pictures. Very pretty.

    ~Ste

     
  • At 2/08/2006 12:16:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I like the pictures too though.

    However, I find the last one a little boring.

    I don't think it'd make a good space for a party; at parties, people tend to gravitate towards more enclosed spaces. In large spaces, people tend to form small groups around the edge.

    Of course, a good band would combat this effect.

    Or, if you did have enough friends to fill the majority of space in the room.

    Just my thoughts...

    I like the penultimate picture. I've always enjoyed architecture like that. One of the better points about living in England, is that we have lots of churches with interesting architecture.

     
  • At 2/08/2006 03:01:00 PM, Blogger Mark said…

    Well, Oli...

    ...you can congregate in those little enclaves that are on the sides of the room. For those who want to dance, we could have a big dance floor.

    That work?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home