Daily Departures

Departing daily from the ordinary objects of my thoughts.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

This is Matisyahu


I don't think many people would be able to guess what sort of music Matisyahu creates if I gave them a dozen guesses. That said, this Hasidic Jew spits out the Reggae rhythms with the best. Matisyahu is not quite as mellow as some, but he's just as amiable.

If there is one thing that I like, it is mismatches. Matisyahu, who is my newest discovery on 3Hive, has a nice image/sound mismatch going. Although, I must admit that after listening to a dozen or so songs and looking at a number of photos, the mismatch is becoming less pronounced.

So, check out Matisyahu.

UPDATE: To see a video, see here.

1 Comments:

  • At 1/11/2006 04:04:00 AM, Blogger rotten pears said…

    mark b,

    do take notice that i did not post on your blog. the flirting police was merely reminding that overtly sacrine words, especially written in codes are easily deciphered by those that are in the know.

    furthermore, american dhs, indeed, hands could stretch in places that are untouchable by any other organization, but a canadian wearing a threat of an american homeland security. need i say more or perhaps you can hear the sharpness of my laughter.

    ohh yeah matisyahu is cool. an american friend (not a pseudo american recommended him to me in the fall last year) i'm a fan

    good day,
    de leon

     

Post a Comment

<< Home