Daily Departures

Departing daily from the ordinary objects of my thoughts.

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Procrastination par excellence


I am sure that there are at least a few people who read this blog that think I have too much time on my hands. Well, think that no more, for I give you penny stacking. Yes, you heard--and have now seen--correctly. Some people, as a hobby, build giant structures out of pennies, and other disc shaped objects (see the poker-chip tower below).

I think that I could replicate the tower pictured above, but as far as anything below this point, I am in serious doubt about my abilities. I don't actually doubt either the steadiness of my hand or my ability to procrastinate that proficiently, what I do doubt is whether or not I'd stay sane if I was half way through building such a monstrosity and it got knocked over. I doubt my sanity would survive... I doubt I'd survive. The monstrosity certainly wouldn't.





(Note: I did not find this in my most recent procrastination spell; that time was occupied by--of all things that I don't do--cleaning up my room.)

1 Comments:

  • At 1/27/2006 08:35:00 PM, Blogger The Hippie Triathlete said…

    Where do you come up with this stuff? I'm just impressed that you used par excellance in a post title. Good job.

    That person's pocrastination ability is all just a house of pennies anyway.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home