Daily Departures

Departing daily from the ordinary objects of my thoughts.

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Foodiness

This is Ganesh. Ganesh is, likely, my favourite non-western deity. My reasons for this are shallow and uninformed--namely, I like much of the artwork portraying Ganesh. (I also like a lot of the artwork portraying the Buddha as a short fat man; see here, here, and here.

Anyways, the reason for this post is not to go on and on about my artistic tastes, but instead to mention a restaurant that I went to this evening. I went to Ivory Bar & Grill. I really like Indian food and this buffet was very nice. For anyone who is not in Winnipeg, you will have to rest content with the links above and for anyone in Winnipeg, I highly recommend Ivory. Unless, of course, you don't like sitting under the ominous gaze of Ganesh.

2 Comments:

  • At 1/09/2006 12:39:00 AM, Blogger Jonathan said…

    I would have thought a classy person like yourself would have liked Lord Ganesh because he is graceful (and/or was angered by Apu's wedding).

     
  • At 1/09/2006 02:36:00 AM, Blogger Mark said…

    Shhhhh... don't tell everyone the real reasons I like Ganesh.

    Homer: " am Ganesh! This wedding angers me! Stop this wedding right now, or you will all DIE!!!"

    Nameless Hindu: "You are Not Ganesh! Ganesh is graceful!"

    I know I know. But, I really honestly do like the artwork too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home