Daily Departures

Departing daily from the ordinary objects of my thoughts.

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Be careful

I was thinking about things to blog and I wasn't having any luck, but I knew that I wanted to post about something funny. So, when you want to find something funny what do you do? You google something funny. So, I googled: "The oh so crazy internet". The fourth hit was perfect. The title of the article is: MAN DATES GAL ON INTERNET FOR SIX MONTHS -- AND IT TURNS OUT SHE'S HIS MOTHER!.

I encourage you to follow the hyperlink and read the article, but for the more lazy readers out there, just read the quoted passage below.
"I walked out on that dark beach thinking I was going to hook up with the girl of my dreams," the rattled bachelor later admitted.

"And there she was, wearing white shorts and a pink tank top, just like she'd said she would. "But when I got close, she turned around -- and we both got the shock of our lives. I mean, I didn't know what to say. All I could think was, 'Oh my God! it's Mama!' "

But the worst was yet to come. Just as the mortified mother and son realized the error of their ways, a patrolman passed by and cited them for visiting a restricted beach after dark...

"But I really started to fall for her, because there seemed to be a sensitive side that you don't see in many girls.

"She sent me poems she had written and told me about her dreams and desires, and it was really very romantic.

"The truth is, I got to see a side of my mom I'd never seen before. I'm grateful for that."
I suspect that most people are over the idea that meeting someone online is unbelievably weird, but this is still unbelievably weird.

The moral of the story: Be Careful!

1 Comments:

  • At 1/07/2006 08:29:00 PM, Blogger The Hippie Triathlete said…

    *I hereby terminate all means of communication involving the internet, such as e-mail, chatrooms, and the pinnacle of scandal: msn. I will no longer allow Gates or the Google guys to bask in the genesis or success of my human relationships.*

     

Post a Comment

<< Home