Daily Departures

Departing daily from the ordinary objects of my thoughts.

Monday, January 16, 2006

Baby baby baby

How unbelievably cool is this:

I found this at one of my favourite blogs; namely, Art Moco. And, honestly, when I saw it, my reaction was this childish giggle and the extreme desire to say "Awesome" like Ashton Kutcher's character, Kelso, on That 70s Show. Soon after I became enamored with the intricacy of both this and other works by Ron Mueck.

Anyway, there are more of these massively oversized heads, and the like, at the James Cohan Gallery website, at the Wikipedia, and on Google Images. There is even a "walkaround" video to be found here.

(Note: Some of these pieces of art are not suitable for all locations or all eyes (there are some less than clothed forms, but nothing sexual).)

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home